How to choose a writing topic for the site
This is a tutorial on how to select and phrase writer topics for the site. Below is the process we use to preselect answer targets right off the bad for our documentation.
- Go to Google.com
- Start typing anything about the computer you think would be a good question
- You will notice Google starts trying to auto-fill the topic
- Select one of these google topics as you are typing
- As a sub-topic/new topic, if you scroll all the way down on the google search page, you will see a list of other queries
- Once the topic and subtopic are set, you can enter them in the roadmap. At the bottom of the page, you will see the "Submit my Idea."
- Some General Rules:
- Don't use numbers in the title
- Make all topic question to be answered
- Ensure you search the site for the topic you are generating to make sure we don't have duplicates.
- Make sure the Topic belongs to the demographic to the site purpose
- When choosing a topic, if it's new and not related to another already existing article, then we want to keep the topic at a broad spectrum for the category it goes in
- E.g., If you wanted to cook an egg, the first topic subject might be "How do you cook an egg?" and later you might say as an add on to that category might be "How do you make scrambled egg on a campfire?" this is drilling down further on that one topic.
- If you cannot turn the Topic into a question, request it to be deleted if it is already submitted.